Polonia
Czy chcesz zareagować na tę wiadomość? Zarejestruj się na forum za pomocą kilku kliknięć lub zaloguj się, aby kontynuować.

Historia jednej gazety

Go down

Historia jednej gazety Empty Historia jednej gazety

Pisanie  Kerczer Sob Mar 14, 2009 4:58 am

Gazety zyja glownie z reklam i cyrkulacji. Ludzie kupuja coraz mniej gazet, gdyz korzystaja z internetu, gdzie maja wszystko w zasiegu jednego klikniecia, multi media etc, a najwazniejsze, maja to wszystko ze "za darmo", a dokladniej placa za to ogladaniem reklam. Nie wszyscy "placa", gdyz np proste programy/wtyczki/rozszerzenia typu Adblock na przegladarce Firefox pozwalaja wyciac 95% reklam, ot technologia.

Reklamy z papierowej wersji GW odplywaja wiec "jednako, miarowo, niezmiennie" na internet i czesciowo w sina dal, gdyz nie koncza zawsze na gazeta.pl lecz rozplywaja sie po wielu podobnych konkurencyjnych portalach. Dodatkowo jest kryzys i wiele firm, ktore kiedys dawaly tlusty i pewny zarobek GW, takich jak LOT przezywaja same powazne problemy i byc moze same znikna wkrotce z horyzontu.

Pytanie jest ile bedzie warta Agora w niedalekiej przyszlosci
http://www.bankier.pl/inwestowanie/profile/quote.html?symbol=AGORA
przy zalozeniu, ze jej papierowe imperium GW nie bedzie warta nic, bedzie przynosic tylko powiekszajace sie straty. Co sie stanie wtedy z GW? To samo co z gazetami w USA (patrz: Seattle Post Intelligencer, San Francisco Chronicle/Gate) , czyli po prostu GW zostanie zamknieta - kiedy nie wiadomo, moze za rok, moze za dwa, moze za trzy.
Tutaj jest notatka internetowa dla papierowych gazet wlaczajac w to GW z "przyszlosci"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/mediawatch/2009/02/top_10_newspapers_in_trouble.html
"The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Rocky Mountain News and Tucson Citizen all might not see April Fools Day. Then yesterday, the San Francisco Chronicle hinted that it could be going away soon as well. Even the Washington Post, one of the most stable papers, reported a 77% drop in earnings in the fourth quarter of 2008. In todays gloomy newspaper landscape, no one is safe."

Wspaniale gazety amerykanskie, ktore mialy kiludziesiecio letnie tradycje i miliony wiernych, uzaleznionych czytelnikow padaja jak muchy, nie sa warte nawet jednego dolara, nie sa oplacalne. W biznesie nie ma miejsca na sentymentalnosc.

Dla mnie, Agora miala uzasadniona, astronomiczna wartosc tylko wtedy kiedy wskutek historycznie uwarunkowanych politycznych ukladow i machinacji miala czesciowy monopol, dzisiaj mozna juz tylko o tym powiedziec: se ne vrati. Nie wiem w czym jeszcze Agora macza palce, jakie ma inne inwestycje, ktore moga ja uratowac, ale nie przypuszczam aby cokolwiek bylo porownywalne w wielkosci z papierowa GW.

Dlaczego akcje Agory nie ida do gory, nawet po zapowiedzianym bunczucznie skupie? Poniewaz byl to tylko reklamowy chwyt, na ktory jak widac zlapalo sie bardzo niewielu. No wiec Agora skupuje swoje wlasne akcje, ktore stracily i traca na wartosci, czy to jest jedna z tych dobrych inwestycji, ktore maja ja uratowac? Chyba nie.

Happy Investing
:)

Kerczer

Powrót do góry Go down

Historia jednej gazety Empty Re: Historia jednej gazety

Pisanie  Kerczer Sob Mar 14, 2009 10:42 pm

Ciekawy artykul w G&M, jeszcze ciekawsze komentarze online
(I guess I am not the only one to notice the trend...)

http://business.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090313.wfcover14/BNStory/Business/home

"This plot line is becoming all too familiar. Newspapers were already battling long-term trends such as dwindling circulation and the migration of advertisers to online competitors. Then came along the worst recession in decades, depriving newsrooms of the time they need to figure out a new model.

Witness the carnage of the past few months. In Canada, every major newspaper company (including The Globe and Mail) has undertaken significant layoffs in the past year and the Halifax Daily News has folded.

In Colorado, the Rocky Mountain News, Denver's No. 2 paper, closed abruptly at the end of last month. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, a Hearst title, will be closed or moved online if the company cannot find a buyer. Major publishers in Philadelphia and Minneapolis have been forced to seek bankruptcy protection from creditors."

"It's awful for democracy to have major newspapers going out of business left and right," said Nathan Ballard, the press strategist for San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. (Mr. Newsom himself was on the HBO talk show Real Time with Bill Maher last month lamenting the possible disappearance of the Chronicle, even though, he said, he often disagrees with the paper.)

"The blogosphere is full of people with opinions, but the facts have to come from somewhere. If the Chronicle were to close its doors, all of this would be gone," Mr. Ballard continued. "It's very important to the city's identity — it's as much a part of who we are as the Golden Gate Bridge."
Mr. Newmark insisted that online media are a democratizing force in their own right, something President Barack Obama's administration has tapped him to help harness. Yet he acknowledged that user-generated content comes with its own set of worrying baggage — a lack of trust, credibility and accuracy, to name a few. Newspapers or no newspapers, he said, he does worry about the health of journalism in general.

Many online news sources, such as the popular Huffington Post, have a parasitic relationship with newspapers, either linking to their content or using it as a springboard for analysis, commentary and criticism. Almost all lack the heft to do in-depth projects across a wide range of fields.
"There is so much discussion about the death of newspapers that it oftentimes obscures the fact that news is more popular than ever. It's just that consumption patterns have changed significantly," Mr. Cohen said

Jak zwykle, najlepsze, najbardziej szczere sa internetowe komentarze czytelnikow, jeszcze jeden powod dlaczego papierowe gazety znikaja...

They no longer report, but attempt to capture readership to attract advertisers. Throw in the multiple daily broadsheets available in every city for free and the advertising pool is drained and shallow.

It has nothing to do with democracy. Newspapers made the conscious strategic decision. some decades ago, to focus on advertising revenue and have 'news' as bait.

They forgot their core business and are loosing substantive and social value.

Just look at some of the so called stories on G&M, a lot of canned stories from the Associated Press or other sources, the stories aren't even original. Others are biased and regurgitation of the party line they're not even worth reading even if they're free online.

I think democracy might benefit from the disappearance of the major news papers. They represent a concentration of non-elected power. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to report news without bias. A wide variety of reporting has a better chance to present a wide variety of points of view.
Democracy needs that no single group controls a large portion of the news media in a region.

Democracy was never written in ink. That's just a myth big newspapers would have you believe.

There is a confusion between democracy and mass politics. Newspapers serve the former not the latter. Whether its Pravda or the G and M newspaper sare simply a way of controlling the messaging to the masses.

The internet has helped delink that dependency.

Long live the internet.

Kerczer

Powrót do góry Go down

Powrót do góry